This recipe yields 5 to 6 cupcake. See the note for Variations and for vegan substitute.
Cake Flour – 120 gm (See how to make Cake flour in instruction)
Sugar – 60 gm
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract – 2 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Apple cider or any vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
You can also substitute Milk and Vinegar with 1/2 cup Yogurt as well.
Heavy whipping Cream – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Coconut Flake for topping
1. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the sugar.
2. In a small bowl add milk and vinegar mix them and keep it aside for a minute.(If you are using Yogurt use them instead of milk and vinegar) In the same bowl mix other wet ingredients and give it a whisk.
3. Now make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients.
4. Stir the mixture together using a whisk without lumps. But do not over do it.
5. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3rd full with batter. Preheat the oven to 350 f.
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it.
7. Cool the cupcake completely and frost with your favorite frosting.
You can frost the cupcake with your favorite frosting like butter cream, cream cheese or chocolate ganache according to your preference.
But since I wanted to make the frosting very light, I frosted with whipped cream and dusted with few coconut flakes.
Variation in cupcake :
1. You can also use Soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk in the place of milk in the recipe for vegan option.
2. You can also add orange or lemon zest to get the zesty aroma.
3. You can also add tsp of cinnamon to make it cinnamony and frost with chocolate ganache..it taste absolutely divine.
4. You can also add chocolate chips or frozen berries to make it chocolate chip cupcake or berry cupcake !!!